August 3, 2015

Observing Sabbath



This has been a busy season as I have attended multiple Baptist gatherings and professional conferences over the summer.  Sabbath is an important spiritual practice, and as you read this short blog, I will be in northern New Mexico observing that discipline.  It is not easy for me to untether from work, for I find such joy in serving as Central’s president and there are always more tasks to accomplish.







I will spend some time at the Monastery of Christ of the Desert and then will be in Idlewild, which is out from Taos, staying in the “Preacher’s Cabin.”  If you preach for the resort community one Sunday, you get to stay a week in the cabin. I am grateful for this time away and trust it will refresh me for the new school year.

Molly T. Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment